As summer comes to an end, the number of local volunteer opportunities continues to increase. Good Party reached out to 5 different nonprofit organizations in Austin to find out their volunteer needs for the next two months and how to get involved:
- The CTFB always has a need for volunteers, but that’s especially true through the end of August when their summer feeding programs are going on. In their kitchen, they prepare thousands of meals and snacks to distribute to kids 18 and under at about 90 sites throughout the Austin area. Sign up for a volunteer shift here.
- August is filled with fun events that benefit the Central Texas Food Bank: Rock 'n' Restock on August 23, Quesoff 2018 on August 25, The Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival on August 26, and Austin Restaurants Weeks from August 16-September 3.
- HAAM Day is on September 11, and over 400 volunteers are needed to make the event possible. On this day, Austin businesses and music venues host over 200 performances from local musicians all over the city and donate a portion of their daily sales to support HAAM. Sign up to volunteer for HAAM Day here.
- HAAM also needs year-round volunteer help that involves taking donations at concerts, spreading the word about HAAM, and helping the small but mighty HAAM staff out in a variety of ways. Sign up to be a HAAMbassador here.
- Paddle for Puppies is on August 26 and benefits the Parvo Puppy Program at APA! Register here to paddle down Lady Bird Lake for a cause. If you're interested in volunteering at this event, contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- As always, APA! is in need of volunteers to help keep Austin the largest no kill city in the country. For more information on how to get involved, click here.
- AAC is at capacity with over 450 animals and is in desperate need of short-term fosters. Spread the word to your family and friends and sign up to be a foster here.
- Families struggling to lead violence-free lives can feel extra strain when kids go back to school. SAFE is gratefully accepting school supply donations through the end of August. The list of donations can be found here.
- The inaugural SAFE & Sound music festival featuring Emily Wolfe is on August 23. Purchase tickets here to enjoy a night of celebrating Austin local music and raising funds to support SAFE.
As always, feel free to send over any August/September volunteer opportunities so that we can continue to update this post with more info!
Written by: Madison Lammert