It's that time of year again! The annual HAAM Benefit Day will take place this Tuesday, September 11. Each year on HAAM Day, the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians hosts over 200 free concerts across Austin, beginning at 6:00 AM and continuing late into the night. Enjoy a cold beer (or coffee for morning concert-goers) while discovering new artists and helping to provide healthcare for Austin's musicians. We compiled a list of our top ten picks:
- Cale and the 45's: We Are Blood’s HAAM Day Showcase - Banger's Sausage House (6:00 PM)
- Sour Bridges: Bumble and ATX Music Office Present HAAM Day - Guero's Oak Garden (5:00 PM)
- Akina Adderley: Whole Foods Downtown (8:00 AM)
- Billy Broome: The Hole in the Wall (7:00 PM)
- Chido Machine: Austin Daily Press (12:00 PM)
- Shy Beast: FVF Law & SXSW Present HAAM Day - The ABGB (7:00 PM)
- Johnny Goudie: Antone's Record Shop (4:30 PM)
- Hannah Barakat: Wholly Cow Burgers (6:00 PM)
- Texas Music Office, Dubois Bryant & Campbell, and Sendero Health Plans Present: Marcia Ball - Threadgill’s World Headquarters (7:30 PM)
- Jackie Venison: The 3rd Annual RECA Showcase - Antone’s Nightclub (7:30 PM)
To view the full lineup, click here.
More about HAAM:
HAAM provides access to affordable health care for Austin’s low-income working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness. By resolving challenges such as long-neglected teeth to hearing loss, heart problems and depression, HAAM and their partners improve and save musicians’ lives and enhance Austin’s economy and quality of life.
Written by: Madison Lammert